Tuesday, May 01, 2007

BabyPlus Prenatal Education System

I have to admit, I was skeptical when my BabyPlus system first arrived. But after a week of using it, I am really in love.


BabyPlus is a “prenatal education system” that is like Baby Einstein for your pregnant belly. You strap it on for one hour each morning and evening, and it emits a rhythmic pattern (listen to it here) that is meant to resemble the mother’s heartbeat. Every few days the pattern grows more complex. The idea is to build your baby’s brain function in the womb, leaving him calmer and readier-to-learn once he’s born. (Before starting BabyPlus, I ran the product past my doctor friend, who gave it her OK.)


Has it worked for my baby? Well, only time will tell. But after only a few uses, he started to kick back in rhythm whenever I used BabyPlus. Now I look forward to every use, because I get to feel my little guy showing off his dance moves, and to watch the speaker pop up on my belly with the beat.

No comments: