Thursday, January 15, 2009

Going to a Party? Get Fancy!


It seems like there's a birthday party to go to every other week! Having two boys, I'm used to shopping for the "Pirate, Star Wars, and Indiana Jones" type parties. However, when we get invited to a little girl's party, I rejoice! I never get to shop for the little ladies, so when I do, I like to go all out. One of my new favorites is to get fancy, with Fancy Nancy that is! For any of you who have been living on the moon, Fancy Nancy is an adorable little character with spunk and style. Written by Jane O'Conner and illustrated by the uber talented Robin Preiss-Glasser, Fancy Nancy is sure to become a fast favorite in your home.

I was recently introduced to the Fancy Nancy Posh Bedroom Game by Briarpatch. A great gift for the little birthday beauty in your life, this game is designed for little ones ages 5+ (although my four year old testers had no problem playing). The game requires no reading skills. All you need to do is gather 2-4 little cuties and play away transforming Fancy Nancy's bedroom from plain to posh! Take turns rolling the die to see what you get to add to your room: boas, ribbons, tiaras and more, the first one to complete the posh room makeover wins!

Visit the Briarpatch site and pick up the Fancy Nancy Posh Bedroom Game for the next posh party on your social calendar. Pair it with a Fancy Nancy book and some Fancy Nancy Dress Up Shoes and your gift will be the hit of the party!

No comments: