What you need: Most of these ingredients can be purchased at a Pharmacy or Health Food Store..
- 10 little baby facecloths or flannelette squares (store bought or handmade)
- glass measuring cup
- chunk of mild, unscented soap
- 1/2 C oil of choice (Calendula, Grapeseed, Jojoba, Sunflower, Apricot Kernel). Whatever you might massage baby with. Calendula is best for healing diaper rash!
- Distilled or purified water
- Lavender and/or Tea Tree Essential oil (optional)
- 1 capsule of Vitamin E oil (for skin softening and natural preservative) (optional)
If you use cotton diapers, your used wipe cloths can go into the laundry with your dirty diapers. Otherwise, soak in a little tub of vinegar/water until ready to launder.
copyright 2006, Homemade Baby book by Jennifer A. Casey