Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Otterbottle: Stylish, Earth Friendly, & Oh So Cute


With Earth Day right around the corner, Otterbottle is going above and beyond to do its part to help reduce the amount of plastic bottles being used on our planet. With irresistible patterns and styles, Otterbottle has a design for mommy, daddy, and the kiddos too. Otterbottles are made of 100%, 18/8 grade stainless steel. They are also BPA free!


Born out of necessity, the Otterbottle was created by Swanky Mom Shannon Andrukow, of Calgary, Canada. Shannon was on mission: find a water bottle that was safe, stylish, and suited her needs. The Canadian market turned up empty in this area, so she filled the void on her own. Otterbottles come in three sizes and several hip designs. I have the brown and teal sunbursts and absolutely LOVE it. I very recently started back to the gym and my Otterbottle has been with me every step of the way. I love the way it makes my water taste, cool from the stainless steal, crisp and refreshing. No yucky plastic taste. I fill mine up the night before and pop it in the fridge so it’s extra cool and ready for me in the morning.


My boys also love their Otterbottles. They both have the "outer space" design. We recently put them to the test on a hot day at Disneyland and let me tell you, they passed with flying colors. I filled them up at home (along with some ice cubes) and tossed them in the bottom of the stroller. I had no problem with leaks and my boys could refill them at drinking fountains along the way. Talk about a money saver… A bottle of water at the “Happiest Place on Earth” will set you back about $4.00!


Otterbottles are currently available to Canadian customers only. You can purchase them directly from the company or visit there store finder to find a retailer near you. A US launch is in the works and we will be sure to post again when they are available her in the good ol’ US of A!

For more information, visit www.otterbottle.ca

No comments: